The Kidsave CMomA Grant Program’s Objective is to give $20,000 in grants per year in financial support to eligible new parents adopting older (ages 2-17) or special needs children, both domestically and internationally.
The Kidsave CMomA P.A.T.H. (Post Adoption Transitional Help) Program’s Objective is to provide post adoption education and coaching to new parents, helping them nurture themselves and their child through through the transition of creating a new family.
Kidsave CMomA grant eligibility is based on the following factors:
- Previous Kidsave host or visiting family for the Weekend or Summer Miracles Program
- Compelling story of a childless woman, man, or couple choosing to become parents to a child in need.
- Compelling need for grant:
- The “Why”: (i.e. job loss, child’s medical needs, adopting siblings)
- The “Where”: (i.e. where is grant money most needed: agency fees, special needs support, travel support, etc.)
(Please note: Grants do not go directly to the recipient, but, rather, directly to where it is needed, such as agency, medical, travel, etc.)
- Completed and approved home study, verifying that individual or couple is financially solvent to support a child or children.
- Compelling story of the child or children that are being adopted.
- Willingness to share the beneficial impact of the Kidsave CMomA Grant via written note, video, or appearance at a Kidsave event.
- Willingness to receive and complete CMomA/Celia Center’s video parenting course, as well as Families at the Peak Coaching Series.
- Willingness to receive and complete the CMomA Parenting Course.
- Willingness to become a buddy to a waiting or newly united family.
- Verification that the child being adopted is a double orphan either through the death of both parents or parents having lost or forfeited their parental rights (proof of informed consent if applicable).
- Willingness to participate in our Grantee Private Facebook Forum
How to Apply for Kidsave CMomA Grant
- To apply, please review the eligibility requirements on this page, and check back on March 15 to download the grant application.
- Submissions and determinations are rolling throughout the year. Our goal and hope is to give up to $20,000 in grants in 2018!
- Applications should be sent to:
Please write “CMomA Grant Application” in the Subject Line.
Become a CMomA Grant Sponsor
Every child born deserves a family. These grants are meant to lend needed financial support to wonderful people, without children, who are willing and able to provide a safe and loving home to a child in need. You will receive an impact report of your generous donation.
Become a CMomA Grant Sponsor Today!
To sponsor a family, send your tax-deductible check to the address below and write Grant Sponsor in subject line of check.
CMomA Grant Program
PO Box 39293
Los Angeles, CA 90039-0293