Sponsor a Child
Millions of children are growing up in orphanages and foster care. Our programs are designed to shine a light on kids growing up without parents. We help these children find permanent, loving families.
For $39 a month you can help a child separated from family be reunified with a parent, relative or extended family member. This is the first step we take when we are moving children out of orphanages and into families. Over the course of a year this $39 will help one child be reunified with his or her family.
For $100 per month you can help a child who cannot be reunified with kin find a new family. Your help will support matching children with host families, weekend events to enable interested families to meet children, and Kidsave advocacy to find each child a permanent family.
For $250 per month your contribution can help a community learn how to implement a family-finding program for children stuck in orphanages and foster care. It will help support efforts to train professionals and volunteers, provide outreach support for family recruitment, and monitor and report progress on each child and family.
As a monthly donor and sponsor you will receive information about and periodic photos of the children in our program. We provide support to community organizations who are small and focused on the well-being of the kids rather than engaging the children in letter-writing programs to their benefactors.
Please help us support the children in our programs today.
Your donation will transform a life.
HOW IT WORKS
- How Does Child Sponsorship Work?
- Our child sponsorship program enables an orphan to be reunified with his or her family member through the process where social workers will work with local key stakeholders to search and locate the children’s families. If reunification is not possible, the child will be placed with a host family who will advocate for permanent family placement. Upon placement, the social workers will monitor the children’s well-being.
- Do Children and/or Families Receive the Funds?
- No, funding goes to support the program efforts in the community in placing a child with a family. The funds also cover basic needs such as a mattress, sheets, and a pillow – giving the child a jump start into his or her new home.
- Why Sponsor a Child
- Sponsoring a child in Sierra Leone is the most effective way to make a difference in a child’s life when all hopes are gone. By becoming a sponsor, you’re not only contributing to the improvement of the individual child’s life in insuring a better education, health, and nutrition but you’re also contributing to the larger community’s well-being in fighting poverty and crime.