KIDSAVE CMOMA GRANT
$20,000 in adoption grants available for 2019 to eligible first time parents as well as families with children who are adopting older children ages 8 – 17, or special needs children. In keeping with the original intent of the predecessor program CMOMA charter and grand program, preference will be given to first time parents if other financial need factors are equal.
Kidsave CMomA grant eligibility is based on the following factors:
- Previous Kidsave 2019 host or visiting family for the Weekend or Summer Miracles Program
- Compelling story of a childless woman, man, or couple choosing to become parents to a child or children in need.*
- Compelling need for grant:
- The “Why”: (i.e. job loss, child’s medical needs, adopting siblings)
- The “Where”: (i.e. where is grant money most needed: agency fees, special needs support, travel support, etc.)
(Please note: Grants do not go directly to the recipient, but, rather, directly to where it is needed, such as agency, medical, travel, etc.)
- Completed and approved home study, verifying that individual or couple is financially solvent to support a child or children.
- Compelling story of the child or children that are being adopted.
- Willingness to share the beneficial impact of the Kidsave CMomA Grant via written note, video, or appearance at a Kidsave event.
- Willingness to become a buddy to a waiting or newly united family.
How to Apply for Kidsave CMomA Grant
- Please carefully review the eligibility requirements above.
- If you meet the requirements, you can download the grant application instructions HERE.
- When complete please email your documents following the directions in the instructions.
- 2019 Kidsave CMOMA grant applications are due by October 15, 2019.
- 2019 funding available: $20,000
- Grant Awards: up to 5 grants will awarded at $2,500- $5,000 maximum